Tuesday 13 August 2013

Food...some alternatives

We all eat food, but we all have different taste buds of what we like and don't like. Me personally I love trying to eat quite healthy but I do indulge! Especially when overseas...you cannot stop yourself! You should never be on a diet when traveling because you just know its not going to work!

I quite love all European foods & some tropical foods. A good plate of bacon & eggs is definitely a yes for me though! Unfortunately I am the kind of person who cannot have too much gluten or dairy, but there is many alternatives and ways to limit the intake if you have the same problem or if you just want to limit the amount to be healthier.Below I will tell you some ways I changed things around for a healthier and better me!

- If you find yourself eating quite a lot of cheese, drinking a lot of milk or butter, then good alternatives to these are to still have them but change them up a bit. Instead of eating normal cheese that is rich in dairy or fats, switch to a lactose free cheese to help that heavy bloated feeling you may find you get when eating pizza, toasties and more.
We all drink milk...well most of us. Sometimes just a dash in tea or used in recipes or a lot of us have a glass of milk to boost our calcium intake. We can get calcium from other foods to. A good alternative to milk that works for me is either Oat milk or Almond milk which are both high in calcium and gluten and lactose free.
A good alternative to having butter on toast or on anything else is Almond spread, organic peanut butter or even organic jams. ( Don't go for the nut alternatives if your allergic!).

For me these really do help and I have noticed a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment